With job vacancies at a record high, we consider the benefits of outsourcing compared to recruiting ‘in-house’
The number of job vacancies in the UK has soared to a record high, as employers increasingly struggle to find staff amid a worsening labour shortage. This year the recruitment market continues to be very competitive – with a shortage…
Blog21st Dec 2021
The number of job vacancies in the UK has soared to a record high, as employers increasingly struggle to find staff amid a worsening labour shortage.
This year the recruitment market continues to be very competitive – with a shortage of decent candidates, not only for permanent positions but also for temporary and interim roles.
The experiences of Covid-19 have led many people to evaluate their lives and career choices and, as a result, the talent pool is smaller than ever. With job security a critical factor, many people are negotiating with their existing employers rather than ‘jumping ship’ and so recruiting for an interim role may be even more of a challenge than in the past.
There are other reasons, however, to consider outsourcing for key roles than simply the current talk of talent shortages.This blog looks at HR, but the principles of outsourcing can be applied to many other aspects of your business.
- Covering a maternity or paternity absence using an external HR provider is very straightforward; the costs (likely a fixed fee) may be the same or slightly higher than the monthly basic salary equivalent, but it is worth considering the additional hidden costs of direct employment, such as holiday entitlement, pension contributions, provision of workspace and IT equipment, staff entertainment and so on;
- An outsourcing firm will provide continuous cover so that you do not need to worry when a key member of your HR team is absent for any reason;
- An outsourced HR professional will hit the ground running, often saving the time and energy consumed by a prolonged onboarding process;
- Outsourcing HR services can also be more flexible in the event of up– or down-scaling your workforce; you can simply (with notice of course) alter the terms of your outsourcing arrangement;
- There is also a layer of accountability with an outsourcing firm, as their contract is subject to review and there is therefore an added incentive to deliver.
Our outsourcing clients have a dedicated business manager and access to the team that delivers a complete business package. At AAB People, we pride ourselves on the personal touch – we do not use call centres and we spend time with our clients to fully understand their businesses.
If you are struggling to fill an HR role, whether at Board, managerial or associate level, then we would welcome a discussion with you to see whether we could fulfil your requirements.
Our team is highly experienced in all areas of HR – please take a look at the Outsourced HR solutions we offer!