Hiring Now! Business Development Manager
To support AAB People’s scale-up growth plans, we are now seeking an enthusiastic, proactive and dynamic Business Development Manager to develop and lead business development activities, working closely with the CEO. Company Profile Our story began in 2014. Having built…
News17th Jan 2022
To support AAB People’s scale-up growth plans, we are now seeking an enthusiastic, proactive and dynamic Business Development Manager to develop and lead business development activities, working closely with the CEO.
Our story began in 2014. Having built a successful HR career within high growth tech companies, and with a passion for technology and innovation, our Founder Lisa Thomson had a vision to deliver pragmatic and commercial HR support tailored perfectly to the needs of early stage and high growth businesses.
AAB People is a fast-growing consultancy working with entrepreneurial start-up and scaleup businesses across sectors including a strong client presence in the Technology, Engineering and Life Sciences sectors. Our flexible support enables businesses to scale to their full potential through the attraction, retention and development of key talent.
We are exceptionally proud of our client base and are a trusted HR partner to some of the most innovative and high growth investor backed businesses in Scotland and beyond.
In July 2021 we were excited to announce our majority acquisition by AAB, allowing us to scale our operations and expand to Aberdeen and Glasgow, with future plans to expand across the UK. As an AAB Group Company we have access to 340 business advisors and work together to deliver solutions for clients across the critical business areas of people and finance.
We are a values-driven organisation and pride ourselves on working practices which demonstrate this. Trust, empathy and equality are at the heart of everything we do.
This is a are unique and exciting opportunity for a talented and ambitious individual to join a high profile HR consultancy with a strong market reputation and pipeline, already supporting a range of high growth, innovative clients. No one day is the same, as team members Donna and Scott describe.
Our clients are scaling start-ups in dynamic environments which requires us to be both proactive and reactive to ensure we deliver an excellent customer service. We have excellent client feedback and testimonials and this role will allow the successful candidate to build on this reputation into new markets and geographies as we scale up.
This is a brilliant chance to join an innovative organisation and develop both your skills and responsibility within the role, holding tremendous potential for professional development.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Key Areas Of Responsibility Will Include To
– represent AAB People as a Brand Ambassador externally in the market
– clearly articulate and promote AAB People’s offering, USP and value proposition
– use market resources to identify and qualify prospective client/business development opportunities
– proactively build relationships and potential referral sources
– meet with prospects to understand business needs and potential scope of requirements
– proactively follow up on and manage pipeline
– driving engagement through various Social Media channels
– attend relevant industry events and client engagements
– monitor customer feedback and upsell opportunities
– support the team to develop new offerings and opportunities aligned to market feedback and needs
AAB People is looking for someone who enjoys meeting new contacts and can act as a market-facing ambassador for the company, so candidates who are presentable, personable and confident on the phone and in person, with excellent written and oral English, would be preferable.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to demonstrate the following skills, experience and qualities.
– Commercial awareness partnered with a strategic approach
– Highly organised, diligent and with strong attention to detail
– Effective people skills – can build trust, rapport and confidence with clients, prospects and internally within the AAB People team
– Discretion and an awareness and understanding of strict confidentiality requirements
– Forward-thinking, curious and innovative approach to business strategy
– Responsive and client-focused
– Calm and clear-headed under pressure, capable of balancing multiple tasks and prioritising effectively
– A solution-focused and positive approach to work
– Commitment to continuous improvement, ongoing learning and personal development.
– Full, clean driving licence and access to your own car (expenses will be reimbursed for travel to client meetings)
Experience of working in a business to business (ideally professional services) environment would be desirable.
You may apply for this role regardless of your academic background, so long as you can demonstrate in your covering letter that you are a passionate self-starter, ready to embrace opportunity and make an impact in this dynamic young company. Applications from people returning to the workplace after a career break will also be welcomed.
Benefits of working for us
We offer a range of flexible working patterns to suit individual circumstances. We operate a hybrid working model and trust our team to manage their working location and pattern.
AAB People actively supports employees professional and personal development with access to ongoing training and learning opportunities.
We are offering a competitive salary dependent on skills and experience and a benefits package including pension, private medical and dental care, life cover and a generous holiday entitlement.
We are offering a base salary of £35-40k FTE and will work with the successful candidate to put in place a tailored quarterly sales incentive plan aligned to revenue targets.
If this role is of interest and you would like to be part of our exciting growth journey, please send a detailed CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Please tell us why you would like this role, how your experiences matches the requirements and what added value you could bring to our team.
At AAB People we recognise the value of a diverse team and we encourage applications from people with varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
Successful candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.