Hiring Now! Interim Business Operations Manager (Maternity Cover)
Fixed term contract – 15-16 months, commencing April 2022 Part-time role –open to discussing 3 or 4 days/week Hybrid Working – Edinburgh or surrounding areas preferred We are seeking an enthusiastic, proactive and dynamic Business Operations Manager to join us…
News8th Mar 2022
Fixed term contract – 15-16 months, commencing April 2022
Part-time role –open to discussing 3 or 4 days/week
Hybrid Working – Edinburgh or surrounding areas preferred
We are seeking an enthusiastic, proactive and dynamic Business Operations Manager to join us to take ownership of our internal operations and projects over the next 15-16 months.
Since this key role was introduced at the start of 2021, we have implemented a range of operational improvements and, as a maternity cover, the role holder will have responsibility for continuing to ensure we have the right infrastructure and processes in place to support our sustainable growth, enabling our team of HR Consultants to focus on client facing delivery.
Reporting to the CEO, you will lead the coordination of activities that affect strategic operational decisions and business requirements, also having responsibility for the planning and communication with members of the team to ensure delivery deadlines are met.
You will undertake internal activities within the company as an active behind-the-scenes partner. We are looking for an ideas-driven self-starter: someone who enjoys taking on new responsibilities and covering a wide variety of working tasks. You will be an excellent communicator and team player, with high attention to detail and a confident, friendly can-do attitude. You will have excellent project management and organisational skills.
Our story began in 2014. Having built a successful HR career within high growth tech companies, and with a passion for technology and innovation, our Founder Lisa Thomson had a vision to deliver pragmatic and commercial HR support tailored perfectly to the needs of early stage and high growth businesses.
AAB People is a fast-growing consultancy working with entrepreneurial startup and scaleup businesses across sectors including a strong client presence in the Technology, Engineering and Life Sciences sectors. Our flexible support enables businesses to scale to their full potential through the attraction, retention and development of key talent.
We are exceptionally proud of our client base and are a trusted HR partner to some of the most innovative and high growth investor backed businesses in Scotland and beyond.
In July 2021 we were excited to announce our majority acquisition by AAB, allowing us to scale our operations and expand to Aberdeen and Glasgow, with future plans to expand across the UK. As an AAB Group Company we have access to 340 business advisors and work together to deliver solutions for clients across the critical business areas of people and finance.
We are a values-driven organisation and pride ourselves on working practices which demonstrate this. Trust, empathy and equality are at the heart of everything we do.
Key Areas Of Responsibility Will Include:
- Oversee the maintenance of a range of Standard Operating Procedures for the business, ensuring these are regularly reviewed so that operational management within the business has the highest levels of integrity.
- Lead strategic projects on behalf of the CEO – taking responsibility for the prioritisation, planning and delivery of these.
- Manage all resource requirements for the business, ensuring internal resource is fully utilised and billable time across projects is maximised.
- Forecast upcoming projects and match to consultant.
- Oversee all financial operations completed by the team including Consultant time recording, invoicing, credit control, payroll, expenses processing and reporting (experience of using Freeagent or similar cloud-based accounting tool would be an advantage).
- Manage client and project revenue forecasting.
- Produce monthly Board reports with detailed analysis of business performance and accompanying narrative.
- Manage the client feedback process, requesting timely feedback, completing analysis and reporting trends to the CEO and Board.
- Own the Proposition Development process, working closely with our Business Development Manager, CEO and Marketing Team to complete viability assessments and build business cases for any new products and services.
- Manage the quarterly Consultant portfolio review process, ensuring agreed actions are captured and followed through.
- Oversee the new client onboarding process, ensuring this is managed efficiently and to a high standard.
- Manage relationships with key internal AAB Group stakeholder (e.g. Finance, HR) and our trusted external suppliers.
- Monitor and advise on any issues that present a risk or opportunity to the business and maintain a risk register.
- Develop a Training Needs Analysis for the team to determine development needs to allow team members to grow and progress.
- Act as central ‘hub’ for internal communications and day to day point of contact for the team.
- Lead team meetings and day to day efficient line management of 1 team member (Operations Support/Administration Assistant).
As a small company, we require our team members to be open to getting stuck into a wide range of tasks and possess a real can-do attitude. A willingness and motivation to turn your hand to a variety of projects is essential!
To be successful in this role, you will be able to demonstrate the following skills, experience and qualities:
- Commercial awareness partnered with a strategic approach
- Highly organised, diligent and with strong attention to detail.
- Effective people skills – builds trust, rapport and confidence with clients and internally within the AAB People team – demonstrates integrity to build trust and strong relationships.
- Discretion and an awareness and understanding of strict confidentiality requirements.
- Forward thinking and innovative approach – curious and outward-focused, constantly looking to improve and develop tools, processes and solutions.
- Responsive and client-focused – recognises the importance of facilitating an excellent client experience and representing the AAB People brand externally.
- Remains calm and clear-headed under pressure, capable of balancing multiple tasks and prioritising effectively.
- Solution-focused and flags potential problems or concerns promptly with proposals for resolution.
- Committed to continuous improvement and ongoing learning and personal development.
- Ideal candidate would likely come from an internal role within a Recruitment, Consultancy/Professional Services environment.
Benefits of working for us
We offer a range of flexible working patterns to suit individual circumstances. We operate a hybrid working model and trust our team to manage their working location and pattern.
AAB People actively supports employees professional and personal development with access to ongoing training and learning opportunities.
We are offering a competitive salary of £48,000 per annum (pro rata to part time working hours) and a benefits package including pension, private medical and dental care, life cover and a generous holiday entitlement.
If this role is of interest and you would like to be part of our exciting growth journey, please send a detailed CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please tell us why you would like this role, how your experiences matches the requirements and what added value you could bring to our team.
At AAB People we recognise the value of a diverse team and we encourage applications from people with varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
Successful candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.