Hiring Now! Operations Support Assistant (P/T, flexible, hybrid working – Edinburgh or surrounding area preferred)
To support AAB People’s scale-up growth plans, we are now seeking an enthusiastic, proactive and dynamic Operations Support Assistant to take ownership of our internal business administration tasks, reporting to our Business Operations Manager and working closely with our CEO. …
News10th Feb 2022
To support AAB People’s scale-up growth plans, we are now seeking an enthusiastic, proactive and dynamic Operations Support Assistant to take ownership of our internal business administration tasks, reporting to our Business Operations Manager and working closely with our CEO.
Our story began in 2014. Having built a successful HR career within high growth tech companies, and with a passion for technology and innovation, our Founder Lisa Thomson had a vision to deliver pragmatic and commercial HR support tailored perfectly to the needs of early stage and high growth businesses.
AAB People is a fast-growing consultancy working with entrepreneurial startup and scaleup businesses across sectors including a strong client presence in the Technology, Engineering and Life Sciences sectors. Our flexible support enables businesses to scale to their full potential through the attraction, retention and development of key talent.
We are exceptionally proud of our client base and are a trusted HR partner to some of the most innovative and high growth investor backed businesses in Scotland and beyond.
In July 2021 we were excited to announce our majority acquisition by AAB, allowing us to scale our operations and expand to Aberdeen and Glasgow, with future plans to expand across the UK. As an AAB Group Company we have access to 340 business advisors and work together to deliver solutions for clients across the critical business areas of people and finance.
We are a values-driven organisation and pride ourselves on working practices which demonstrate this. Trust, empathy and equality are at the heart of everything we do.
To support the effective running of our day-to-day operations, we are now seeking a highly organised Operations Support Assistant to join us to take ownership of our business administration tasks, reporting to our Business Operations Manager and working closely with our CEO. This role will have responsibility for a variety of operational areas including HR, finance, and client onboarding.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our close-knit team of HR consultants and this role will be pivotal to ensuring the smooth running of our day-to-day administrative activities, enabling our team of HR consultants to focus on client facing delivery.
This role will undertake internal activities within the company as an active behind-the-scenes partner. We are looking for someone who enjoys taking ownership of tasks, who is highly organised, diligent and demonstrates great attention to detail, and is financially numerate. We want someone who is comfortable following documented processes and takes pride in delivering a high standard of work. You will be an excellent communicator, enjoy working in a standalone role as part of a wider team, and have a confident, can-do attitude.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Key Areas Of Responsibility Will Include:
|– Efficient and accurate delivery of all financial operations including invoicing, credit control, supplier invoice payments, expenses processing and reporting (experience of using Freeagent or similar cloud-based accounting tool would be an advantage).
– Accurate processing of monthly payroll for the team.
– Liaising with our Group Finance team, providing all required information in a timely manner to ensure accurate reconciliation bank account.
– Responsible for the new client onboarding process and support with preparing for meetings, documentation and logistics.
– Running regular time tracking reports to review Consultant time recording, facilitating an accurate and efficient billing process for clients.
– Completing regular capacity forecasting reports and ensuring CRM accurately reflects pipeline.
– Ensuring sufficient resources are available across the team by effectively managing the holiday approval/absence process.
– Assisting with the recruitment process as the team expands – advertising roles, screening candidates, assisting with interview process, and onboarding successful candidates.
– Liaising with service providers on behalf of the Business Operations Manager.
– Act as central ‘hub’ for internal communications and day to day point of contact for the team on administrative queries.
– Organise regular team meetings, including agenda preparation and logistical aspects.
– Internal HR for Purpose – admin, HR record keeping, H&S, contracts and documentation.
As a small company, we require our team members to be open to getting stuck into a wide range of tasks and possess a real can-do attitude. A willingness and motivation to turn your hand to a variety of projects is essential!
To be successful in this role, you will be able to demonstrate the following skills, experience and qualities:
- Highly organised, diligent and with strong attention to detail.
- Effective people skills – builds trust, rapport and confidence with clients, prospects and internally within the AAB People team – demonstrates integrity to build trust and strong relationships.
- Remains calm and clear-headed under pressure, capable of balancing multiple tasks and prioritising effectively.
- Discretion and an awareness and understanding of strict confidentiality requirements.
- Responsive and client-focused – recognises the importance of facilitating an excellent client experience and representing the AAB People brand externally.
- Solution-focused and flags potential problems or concerns promptly with proposals for resolution.
- Committed to continuous improvement and ongoing learning and personal development.
- Ideal candidate would likely come from an internal role within a Recruitment, Consultancy/Professional Services environment.
Benefits of working for us
We offer a range of flexible working patterns to suit individual circumstances. We operate a hybrid working model and trust our team to manage their working location and pattern.
AAB People actively supports employees professional and personal development with access to ongoing training and learning opportunities.
We are offering a competitive salary dependent on skills and experience and a benefits package including pension, private medical and dental care, life cover and a generous holiday entitlement.
We are offering a salary of £12k (£24k FTE) per annum.
If this role is of interest and you would like to be part of our exciting growth journey, please send a detailed CV and covering letter via the following application link:
Please tell us why you would like this role, how your experiences matches the requirements and what added value you could bring to our team.
At AAB People we recognise the value of a diverse team and we encourage applications from people with varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
Successful candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.